How to borrow an available hold
When a hold is available for you, you'll receive a notification email and have three days to borrow it.
Note: If you don't borrow a hold during its three-day pickup window, we'll schedule it for later delivery as a one-time courtesy.
To borrow the title:
- Go to your Holds page on your library's OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app.
You'll need to be signed into the site to get to this page.
- Select Borrow next to the title.
- From there, you can choose a lending period (if available) and a reading format for your title.
If you received a notification email but don't see your hold, visit this article for more help.
- Borrowing titles from your library's OverDrive website
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Chromebook
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Fire tablets and Android
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Windows 8/10
- How many books can I borrow and place on hold at the same time?
- How to borrow an available hold
- How to change your email address for hold notifications
- How to change your lending period for digital titles
- How to choose a reading format for a borrowed ebook
- How to find and borrow older issues of a magazine
- How to place a hold
- How to rate titles in your library's digital collection
- How to remove a hold
- How to renew digital titles
- How to suspend a hold
- How to use your library wish list
- Managing available holds with deliver later
- What does Request again mean?
- What time do titles expire on the last day of my loan?
- Where are my holds?
- Why do I need to wait for a copy of a digital title?