How to suspend a hold
Suspending a hold lets you continue moving up on a title's wait list without the title becoming available for you. If you reach #1 on the wait list, you'll be in the first position to get the book once your suspended hold period ends.
For example, you might want to suspend a hold for a popular ebook if you're on a long wait list for it, but know you'll be unable to read it because you're in the middle of another title.
Use the steps below to learn how to suspend a hold.
- In your library's digital collection, click or tap , then select Holds.
You'll need to be signed into your library to get to this page.
- Select Suspend hold beneath the hold you'd like to suspend.
- Choose the number of days you'd like to suspend your hold, then select Suspend.
Once you suspend a hold, you'll see a "Suspended until" notification next to the hold.
You can change or remove your suspension by selecting Edit hold.
- How many books can I borrow and place on hold at the same time?
- How to borrow an available hold
- How to change your email address for hold notifications
- How to place a hold
- How to remove a hold
- How to suspend a hold
- Managing available holds with deliver later
- What does Request again mean?
- Where are my holds?
- Why do I need to wait for a copy of a digital title?