How to renew digital titles
You can extend your lending period for a digital title by renewing it.
You'll see the Renew option for a title on your Loans page (under ) three days before it expires, as long as your library still owns a copy and there are no holds. If the title has holds, you can't renew it, but you can request it again.
How to renew a title
- In your library's digital collection, select to go to your Loans page.
If prompted, sign in.
- Select the Renew button under the title you'd like to renew.
- Choose an option for the length of the renewal (if available). Then, tap Renew again.
Note: Any time left on your current lending period is canceled when you renew a title. For example, if a title expires in two days and you renew it for seven days, the new due date will be seven days from the moment you renew.
- After you renew the title, you'll see the new due date and options to open or download it.
- If you downloaded the title to the OverDrive app or your device, you'll need to download it again to apply the new due date.
- If you sent the title to Kindle (U.S. only), you'll need to return it from your Amazon account, then send it to Kindle from your library again to apply the new due date.
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Android and Fire tablets
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Chromebook
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Windows 8/10
- Borrowing titles on a Windows 7 or Mac computer
- How many books can I borrow and place on hold at the same time?
- How to borrow an available hold
- How to change your lending period for digital titles
- How to choose a reading format for a borrowed ebook
- How to find and borrow older issues of a magazine
- How to rate titles in your library's digital collection
- How to renew digital titles
- How to use your library wish list
- What time do titles expire on the last day of my loan?