How to download OverDrive ebooks on your Tolino ereader
You can download OverDrive ebooks from your library using the browser on your Tolino ereader.
Note: Because load times in the Tolino browser can be slow, we recommend that you borrow ebooks using the Libby app on a compatible device or using your library's OverDrive website on a computer. Then, follow the steps below to download borrowed ebooks on your Tolino.
- Make sure your Tolino is connected to the internet.
- Open your Tolino's web browser and go to your library's OverDrive website (find it at overdrive.com/libraries, if needed).
- Sign into your library's OverDrive website with your library card (find the Sign in button under , if needed).
- Borrow an ebook from your library's collection, or visit your Loans page (under ) to see ebooks you've already borrowed.
- Tap Download for the borrowed ebook.
- If prompted, enter a free Adobe ID to complete the download.
Note: If you want to download the same ebook to multiple devices, you need to enter the same Adobe ID on each device. You can check which Adobe ID you're using on your Tolino under My accounts > Adobe DRM (or similar).
Once downloaded, the ebook will appear in your Tolino library. It will automatically be returned to the library on its due date.
For more information about how library borrowing works with Tolinos, please visit Tolino's website.
- E_AUTH_NOT_READY: There's an issue with your Adobe ID setup. Go to My Accounts > Adobe DRM (or similar), then remove and reenter your Adobe ID.
- E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER: You've already downloaded this loan on a device with a different Adobe ID. If you want to download the same ebook on multiple devices, enter the same Adobe ID on each device.
- W_ADEPT_CORE_LOAN_NOT_ONRECORD: Your loan has expired. To open this ebook, you'll need to borrow and download it again.
- W_ADEPT_CORE_NO_LOAN_TOKEN: Your loan has likely expired. To open this ebook, you'll need to borrow and download it again. If that doesn't work, or if your loan hasn't expired yet, go to My Accounts > Adobe DRM (or similar), then remove and reenter your Adobe ID.