Where are library ebook files saved after I download them to my computer?
EPUB and PDF ebooks
After you download an EPUB or PDF ebook to your computer, you can find its ACSM file in your computer's "Downloads" folder. The ACSM file is not the actual ebook; instead, it's a file that Adobe Digital Editions uses to download and open the ebook.
Once you open the ebook in Adobe Digital Editions, the actual EPUB or PDF file for the ebook will be stored in your computer's "[My] Digital Editions" folder (under "Documents").
Note that ACSM, EPUB, and PDF files from your library expire, meaning that they will only work for a limited time after you download them.
Note: Kindle Books are currently available for U.S. libraries only.
After you download a Kindle Book from Amazon's website to your computer, you can find the ebook's Amazon file in your computer's "Downloads" folder. You can transfer this file from your computer to a compatible Kindle ereader via USB.
- Can I download the same ebooks to multiple devices?
- How to add borrowed titles to your Bookshelf in the OverDrive app
- How to download supplementary content
- How to export your history of downloaded titles from the OverDrive app
- How to resume downloading an audiobook in the OverDrive app
- How to sync your progress and bookmarks in the OverDrive app across multiple devices
- What are ODM and ACSM files?
- Where are library ebook files saved after I download them to my computer?