What are fixed-layout titles?
Fixed-layout books keep the publisher's formatting intact so the digital version looks just like the print version. This format is often used for graphic novels and picture books.
When you read fixed-layout books in your browser using OverDrive Read, you won't be able to adjust the layout, font, or book design. Instead, you can zoom into individual pages to make words and pictures larger:
- To enter zoom mode: Select in the navigation bar or pinch out on a smaller device.
- To adjust the zoom level: Use or on a larger device, or pinch in or out on a smaller device.
- To move the page around while in zoom mode: Click (or tap) and drag.
- To exit zoom mode: Select on a larger device or pinch in on a smaller device until you zoom out completely.
Here's an example fixed-layout spread from the graphic novel Kristy's Big Day: The Baby-Sitters Club Graphix Series, Book 6.
- Getting started with OverDrive Read
- How to choose a reading format for a borrowed ebook
- How to read in your browser with OverDrive Read
- How to see which formats are available for a title
- How to use the dictionary, highlight text, and add notes when reading in your browser
- What are fixed-layout titles?
- What are the different listening options for audiobooks?
- What are the different reading options for ebooks?
- What devices and browsers work with OverDrive Read?
- What is a read-along ebook and how does it work?