How to return a Kindle Book borrowed from your library
Borrowed Kindle Books are automatically returned to your library at the end of their lending periods.
If you'd like to return a Kindle Book before your lending period ends, you can return it from your library's digital collection, or use these steps to return it from Amazon:
- On Amazon's website, go to your "Manage Your Content and Devices" page.
- Find the title in the "Your Content" list, then select .
- Select Return this book in the pop-up window.
- Select Yes to confirm and return the book.
The returned Kindle Book may still appear on your Kindle device or reading app, but you won't be able to open it. Follow these steps to fully remove the title from your device.
- Are audiobooks from the library compatible with Kindle devices?
- Are Kindle Books automatically removed from my Kindle or Kindle reading app?
- Borrowing Kindle Books from your library's OverDrive website or the OverDrive app
- How to delete the files for a title in the OverDrive app without returning it
- How to make Kindle your reading preference on your library's OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app
- How to read Kindle Books with Kindle Cloud Reader
- How to remove audiobooks from an iPod using iTunes
- How to renew Kindle Books from your library
- How to return a downloaded audiobook using OverDrive for Windows (desktop)
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive for Chromebook
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive for Fire tablets and Android
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive for Windows 8/10
- How to return a Kindle Book borrowed from your library
- How to return ebooks from an ereader or computer using Adobe Digital Editions
- How to return titles to your library
- How to transfer library Kindle Books via USB