How to place a hold
Sometimes you can't borrow a title immediately, usually because another user has already borrowed it or the title hasn't been released yet. If the title's not available, you may be able to place a hold on that title and be notified by email when it's available.
Titles that can't be borrowed immediately have banners saying "Wait list" or "Coming soon" along the top of the cover image.
To place a hold on a title, follow the steps below.
Click or tap Place a hold under a title (or on its details page).
- If you've already provided your email address to your library's digital collection, the hold will be placed automatically.
If there isn't a saved email address for your account, enter and confirm one when prompted. Then, select Place a hold.
When the hold is available for you, you'll get a notification and can borrow it from your Holds page (under ).
- How many books can I borrow and place on hold at the same time?
- How to borrow an available hold
- How to change your email address for hold notifications
- How to place a hold
- How to remove a hold
- How to suspend a hold
- Managing available holds with deliver later
- What does Request again mean?
- Where are my holds?
- Why do I need to wait for a copy of a digital title?