Getting started with ereaders
The following devices work a little differently. Please refer to the articles listed instead.
- Kindle ereaders: See instructions for Kindle Books
- Fire tablets: See instructions for Libby or the OverDrive app (limited availability)
- NOOK 10" HD by Lenovo, NOOK Tablet 10.1", NOOK Tablet 7", or Samsung Galaxy Tab NOOKs: See instructions for Libby
- NOOK HD or NOOK HD+: See Barnes and Noble's instructions for transferring ebooks from Adobe Digital Editions
- NOOK GlowLight Plus: See instructions for transferring ebooks directly to this device
- Kobo Sage, Libra 2, Clara HD, Elipsa, Forma, Libra H2O, Nia, Aura Edition 2, Aura H2O Edition 2, or Aura ONE: See instructions for Kobo ereaders
- Tolino ereaders: See instructions for downloading ebooks directly on a Tolino
How to get started
Connect your ereader to your computer.
On your computer, open your library's digital collection (find it using www.overdrive.com).
Borrow an ebook (you'll need to sign into your library to complete this step).
Click the Download button for the borrowed ebook.
Downloaded ebooks open in ADE.
To transfer an ebook to your ereader, open the "Library" view in ADE (click the Library button in the top-left corner, if needed). From there, drag and drop the ebook into your ereader, which should appear on the left under "Devices." You may need to accept a file-transfer prompt on your ereader in order for it to appear in ADE.
Once you've transferred a library ebook, you can read it on your device just like any other ebook.
Note: During the transfer process, your ereader will be automatically authorized with the same Adobe ID or OverDrive account you used on your computer.