How to use the ebook reader in OverDrive for Chromebook
You can use the OverDrive app to read borrowed ebooks on your Chromebook.
Note: If you'd rather read ebooks in your Chrome web browser, you can use OverDrive Read instead.
Once you've borrowed and downloaded an ebook in the app, go to your app Bookshelf, then tap the ebook to start reading.
How to use the ebook reader:
- To move forward or backward in the book: To go to the next page, click or tap the right side of the screen.
To go to the previous page, click or tap the left side of the screen.
- To look up a word in the dictionary: Click (or tap) and hold a word, then select the magnifying glass. You can also look it up on Wikipedia using the drop-down menu below the search field.
- To open a hyperlink: Click (or tap) and hold the link.
- To see your progress and access more reader options: Click or tap the middle of the screen.
Reader options (based on the numbered image above) include:
- Return to Bookshelf
- Add a bookmark
- Title menu (includes an overview, table of contents, and saved bookmarks)
- Reading progress