How to make Kindle your reading preference on your library's OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app
If you only want to see the Kindle Book format for borrowed ebooks, you can set a preference on your library's OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app.
Note: Kindle Books are currently available for U.S. libraries only.
Once you set the preference, Read now with Kindle will be the only option for Kindle-compatible ebooks. If a title isn't available as a Kindle Book, you'll see other format options (like EPUB and OverDrive Read).
Note: Read-alongs will still have the Read now in browser option (even if the Kindle Book is available) because narration is only available in OverDrive Read.
- On your library's OverDrive website, click or tap , then select Settings.
You'll need to be signed into your library to get to this page.
- Under "Content preferences," select Kindle preference. Your setting will be saved automatically.
Fire tablets, Android, Chromebook, iOS
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu.
- Tap Settings, then enable Read in Kindle (U.S. only).
- Click or tap the icon in the top-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- Select eBook, then enable Read in Kindle (U.S. only).
- Are Kindle Books automatically removed from my Kindle or Kindle reading app?
- Are OverDrive's audiobooks compatible with Kindle or Kobo ereaders?
- Borrowing Kindle Books from your library's OverDrive website
- How to make Kindle your reading preference on your library's OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app
- How to read Kindle Books with Kindle Cloud Reader
- How to renew Kindle Books from your library
- How to return a Kindle Book borrowed from your library
- How to transfer library Kindle Books via USB