How to make Kindle your reading preference
If you only want to see the Kindle Book format for borrowed ebooks, you can set a preference in the OverDrive app or on your library's OverDrive website.
Note: Kindle Books are currently available for U.S. libraries only.
Once you set the preference, Read now with Kindle will be the only option for Kindle-compatible ebooks. If a title isn't available as a Kindle Book, you'll see other format options (like EPUB and OverDrive Read).
Note: Read-alongs will still have the Read now in browser option (even if the Kindle Book is available) because narration is only available in OverDrive Read.
In the OverDrive app
Note: You'll need to install the latest version of the app to see this setting.
Android, Chromebook, Fire tablets, iOS
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu.
- Tap Settings, then enable Read in Kindle (U.S. only).
- Click or tap the icon in the top-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- Select eBook, then enable Read in Kindle (U.S. only).
On your library's OverDrive website
- In your library's digital collection, click or tap , then select Settings.
You'll need to be signed into your library to get to this page.
- Under "Content preferences," select Kindle preference. Your setting will be saved automatically.
- Are audiobooks from the library compatible with Kindles?
- Are Kindle Books automatically removed from my Kindle or Kindle reading app?
- Borrowing Kindle Books from your library
- How to make Kindle your reading preference
- How to read Kindle Books with Kindle Cloud Reader
- How to renew Kindle Books from your library
- How to return a Kindle Book borrowed from your library
- How to transfer library Kindle Books via USB