What devices and browsers work with OverDrive Read?
OverDrive Read is a browser-based ebook reader that works on many computers, tablets, and mobile devices with compatible web browsers. Learn more about OverDrive Read here.
The easiest way to see if OverDrive Read works on your device or web browser is to try it out using the sample below; just click or tap the jacket cover.
For the best reading experience, we recommend using an up-to-date web browser, like one of these:
If you're using a mobile device, you'll need:
- Android 4.0+ (you'll also need Chrome, not the stock Android web browser)
- iOS 9.0+
- Fire OS 4.5.4+
Note: Read-alongs (a type of OverDrive Read ebook) require Android 4.1 or higher.
- How to use the dictionary, highlight text, and add notes when reading in your browser
- Getting started with OverDrive Read
- How to read in your browser with OverDrive Read
- What are fixed-layout titles?
- What devices and browsers work with OverDrive Read?
- What is a read-along ebook and how does it work?