What's the difference between an OverDrive account and a library card?
A library card:
- Is issued by your library
- Lets you borrow titles from their physical or digital collection
- Is required to sign into your library's digital collection
- Can also be used to sign into the OverDrive app and overdrive.com (for most libraries)
- May have other perks at the library (like granting access to a library computer)
- Can be set up using your email address or Facebook
- Lets you sign into the OverDrive app and overdrive.com
- Can be used to authorize Adobe Digital Editions to download ebooks on a computer
Even if you create an OverDrive account, you'll still need a library card to sign into your library and borrow digital titles.