How to sign into the OverDrive app with a library card
In many cases, you can use your library card (instead of an OverDrive account) to sign into the OverDrive app. Signing into the app authorizes it, which means you can download and read Adobe (DRM-protected) ebooks.
Signing in using a library card doesn't require an email address, which makes it a great choice for users under 13.
To sign into the OverDrive app with a library card, follow the steps below.
- When you open the OverDrive app for the first time, select Sign up (or Sign in).
- Select Sign up using library card (or Sign in using library card).
- Search for your library by name or location.
- Select your library once you find it.
Note: If library card sign-in is not yet supported for your library, you'll see an error message when you select your library. In this case, you'll need to use another sign-in option.
- Enter your library card information, then click Sign in. Some libraries require a card number, username, and/or PIN.
Once you're signed in, you can download and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, and more.
- How do I merge my old and new library cards?
- How should I sign into the OverDrive app if I'm under 13?
- How to get a library card
- How to sign into the OverDrive app with a library card
- What's the difference between an OverDrive account and a library card?
- Which library sign-in option is best for me?
- Which sign-in option in the OverDrive app is best for me?