How to recommend titles to your library
If your library has the Recommend to library feature, use the steps below to browse and recommend digital titles in the OverDrive catalog that your library doesn't own.
- When you recommend a title to your library, there's no guarantee they'll purchase it.
- Recommendations are format-specific, so make sure you recommend the format (ebook or audiobook) you're interested in. You can't recommend magazines through the Recommend to library feature.
- If your library doesn't have the Recommend to library feature, talk to a library staff member about how you can suggest new titles.
- Run a search in your library's digital collection.
- On the results page, select Recommend to library under the "Availability" filter. Titles in the OverDrive catalog that your library doesn't own are added to your results.
- To tell which titles aren't part of the digital collection, look for a Not owned banner and Recommend link. Click or tap Recommend to recommend a title.
If prompted, sign into your library.
- If prompted, enter and confirm your email address. Then, select Recommend.
- If your library buys the title, you'll be added to its wait list and receive an email when your hold is available.
To see the titles you've recommended, select , then Recommendations.
Your library may limit the number of titles you can recommend in a given time period. You can see how many more titles you can recommend (or when you can recommend titles again) on your Recommendations page.