Trouble downloading an audiobook in the OverDrive desktop app (Windows or Mac)
Sometimes, an issue occurs when downloading an audiobook to OverDrive's desktop app (Windows or Mac). This can result in download errors such as:
- ODM Read Error 101 An unexpected error occurred
- ODM Read Error 102 An unexpected error occurred
When this happens, try deleting the title from your device and then downloading it again:
- Delete the audiobook you're having trouble with from the OverDrive desktop app, then close the app.
- Search your computer for the problematic audiobook and delete each instance you find.
By default, you'll find it in
- [My] Documents > My Media > MP3 Audiobooks
- Delete your temporary internet files. This step is extremely important.
- Close and reopen your web browser.
- Try downloading the title from your library's OverDrive website again.