A borrowed title doesn't appear on the app bookshelf in OverDrive for Fire tablets and Android
Use the sections below if an ebook or audiobook isn't showing up on your Bookshelf in the OverDrive app.
Download the title
After you borrow an ebook or audiobook, tap Download (or Add to app) from your library account to download it to your Bookshelf in the OverDrive app. Titles don't automatically download to your app Bookshelf after you borrow them.
Note: Some titles, like read-alongs and magazines, can't be downloaded to your app Bookshelf. To read them, you need to go to your library account and tap the Read button.
If the title still isn't downloading
If you tried downloading the book, but it still isn't appearing on your app Bookshelf, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your device has a Files app. You may need to search your device to find it.
If you don't have one, you can download a file explorer app (like Files by Google or File Commander).
- In the OverDrive app, tap in the top-right corner of your library's digital collection, then select Open in browser.
- Go to your library account and tap Download (or Add to app) to download the title again.
- In your Files app or other file explorer app, go to your Downloads folder and find the ACSM, ODM, or EPUB file with the title's name (for example: TheHelp.ACSM).
Note: ACSM and ODM files expire shortly after being downloaded, so make sure you open them immediately.
- If you're prompted to choose an app to open the file, select OverDrive.
You may have to use these steps for each file type (EPUB, ACSM, and ODM). After you follow the steps for each file type once, you should be able to download the title from the OverDrive app like normal.