How to open library ebooks and audiobooks downloaded on a Mac
If you're using Safari to download titles, you may need to manually open the ODM and ACSM file for each title you download.
In newer versions of Safari, you should have the option when you click the download link to "Open with" either Adobe Digital Editions or OverDrive for Mac.
Open files from the default download location
Follow the steps below to locate and open ODM files (in OverDrive's desktop app) or ACSM files (in Adobe Digital Editions).
- Open Finder.
- Click Downloads.
- Double-click the ODM or ACSM file. It should then open using the appropriate program.
Note: After you download a title from your library, be sure to go right to the "Downloads" folder to open the file. It will expire after a short period of time.
- How to burn audiobooks to CDs using OverDrive for Mac
- How to install OverDrive's desktop app for Mac
- How to open library ebooks and audiobooks downloaded on a Mac
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Mac
- How to use the audiobook player in OverDrive for Mac
- Using keyboard shortcuts in OverDrive for Mac
- What are the system requirements for the OverDrive app?