Getting started with iPods and other MP3 players
If you have an iPod touch, please refer to our guide on getting started with our new Libby app instead. For all other iPods and MP3 players, the guide below will help you get started.
Install OverDrive for Windows (desktop). You'll need this free application to download audiobooks to your computer and transfer them to your device.
Open your library's digital collection on your computer (find it using overdrive.com).
Borrow and download an audiobook. It should open automatically in OverDrive's desktop app and prompt you to download its parts.
Plug your iPod or MP3 player into your computer. Once the audiobook finishes downloading, click it, then click Transfer. Follow the on-screen prompts to transfer the audiobook to your device.
Once it's transferred, you can listen to it just like any other audio file on your device.
Note: On iPods, you can find transferred audiobooks under "Music." If you'd like to categorize them under "Audiobooks" instead, follow these steps.
- Getting started with iPods and other MP3 players
- How to enable disk use on your iPod shuffle
- How to recategorize audiobooks on an iPod
- How to remove audiobooks from an iPod using iTunes
- How to set the Manually manage music option on your iPod
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Mac
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Windows (desktop)
- How to transfer audiobooks to an MP3 player using OverDrive for Windows (desktop)