How to transfer library Kindle Books via USB
Note: Kindle Books are currently available for U.S. libraries only.
In most cases, library Kindle Books can be delivered wirelessly to your device instead of via USB, as long as your Kindle has a Wi-Fi connection.
Otherwise, you can transfer a library Kindle Book to your Kindle via USB, using these instructions:
- On Amazon's website, go to your "Content & Devices" page, then select Books.
- Find the title, then select More actions.
- Select Download & transfer via USB in the pop-up window.
- Follow Amazon's prompts to finish the transfer. If you have any problems, visit Amazon Help.
- Are Kindle Books automatically removed from my Kindle or Kindle reading app?
- Are OverDrive's audiobooks compatible with Kindle or Kobo ereaders?
- Borrowing Kindle Books from your library's OverDrive website
- How to make Kindle your reading preference on your library's OverDrive website or in the OverDrive app
- How to read Kindle Books with Kindle Cloud Reader
- How to renew Kindle Books from your library
- How to return a Kindle Book borrowed from your library
- How to transfer library Kindle Books via USB