How to recategorize audiobooks on an iPod
By default, audiobooks are stored under "Music" on your iPod and in iTunes. If you prefer, you can categorize an audiobook to show up under "Audiobooks" instead using the steps below.
- Connect your iPod to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).
Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- Under "On My Device," click Music.
Right-click an audiobook file, then click Get Info.
- In the pop-up window, click the Options tab.
- In the "media kind" drop-down menu, select Audiobook.
- Click OK.
You'll now find the audiobook file(s) under "Audiobooks" on your iPod.
- Getting started with iPods and other MP3 players
- How to enable disk use on your iPod shuffle
- How to recategorize audiobooks on an iPod
- How to remove audiobooks from an iPod using iTunes
- How to set the Manually manage music option on your iPod
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Windows (desktop)