How to enable disk use on your iPod shuffle
Before you can transfer OverDrive audiobooks to an iPod shuffle on a Windows computer, you need to enable disk use in iTunes. Follow the steps below to enable disk use for your device in iTunes.
Note: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed before trying these steps.
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPod shuffle to your computer.
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- On the "Summary" screen, check the Enable disk use box (under "Options").
- Click Apply.
Now you can transfer audiobooks to your iPod shuffle from OverDrive for Windows (desktop).
Note: If you uncheck the Enable disk use setting and then sync your iPod shuffle with iTunes, you may lose any items you've manually transferred.
- How to enable disk use on your iPod shuffle
- How to recategorize audiobooks on an iPod
- How to remove audiobooks from an iPod using iTunes
- How to set the Manually manage music option on your iPod
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Mac
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Windows (desktop)