How to set the "Manually manage music" option on your iPod
Before you can transfer borrowed audiobooks to an iPod on a Windows computer, you need to turn on the "Manually manage music" option in iTunes.
If you have an iPod shuffle, you'll need to enable disk use in iTunes instead.
Note: Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed before trying these steps.
How to apply the "Manually manage music" option
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
On the "Summary" screen, check the Manually manage music and videos box (under "Options").
- Click Apply.
Note: If you disable the "Manually manage music" setting and then sync your device with iTunes, you may lose any items you've manually transferred.
- Getting started with iPods and other MP3 players
- How to enable disk use on your iPod shuffle
- How to recategorize audiobooks on an iPod
- How to remove audiobooks from an iPod using iTunes
- How to set the Manually manage music option on your iPod
- How to transfer audiobooks to an iPod using OverDrive for Windows (desktop)