What are the different listening options for audiobooks?
An audiobook is a recorded book that can be played on a computer or mobile device.
Here are the different listening options that may be available when you borrow an audiobook:
- Play the audiobook in your browser with an active internet connection. No software or downloads are required to listen to OverDrive Listen audiobooks.
- Listening progress and bookmarks are stored in the cloud, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device.
- OverDrive Listen has a lot of options to customize your listening experience.
- Learn more about getting started with OverDrive Listen.
- Download and listen to MP3 audiobooks using the OverDrive app (available for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and mobile devices).
- Most versions of the OverDrive app (desktop and mobile) have features like bookmarks, a sleep timer, and variable playback speed that let you customize your listening experience.
- You can transfer MP3 audiobooks to an iPod or MP3 player using OverDrive for Windows or Mac.
- You can burn MP3 audiobooks to CDs using OverDrive for Windows or Mac.