How to install OverDrive for Android if you don't have the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore
If you have an Android device that doesn't have access to the Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore, follow the instructions below to install the OverDrive app directly.
- Go to app.overdrive.com.
- Select download for Android OS 4.0 (or newer) at the bottom of the page.
- Review the license agreement and tap I Agree to download the installation file.
You may get a warning saying that this kind of file can harm your device. This is normal, and we test our installer to make sure it's safe.
Select OK to continue.
- Once the file downloads, open it from your notification bar.
- If prompted, open the file with the "Package Installer."
- If you get the "Install blocked" message, follow the prompts to allow installation from "Unknown Sources." (Once you finish installing OverDrive, be sure to turn off this setting again.)
- Review the permissions, then tap Install (or Next).
- Tap Open to launch the app, or tap Done to close the installer.
- Borrowing titles in OverDrive for Android and Fire tablets
- Do I need internet access to use the OverDrive app?
- How to add a library in OverDrive for Android and Fire tablets
- How to add borrowed titles to your Bookshelf in the OverDrive app
- How to install OverDrive for Android if you don't have the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore
- How to remove a library from your libraries list in the OverDrive app
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive for Android
- How to sync your progress and bookmarks in the OverDrive app across multiple devices
- What are the system requirements for the OverDrive app?