How to use the ebook reader in OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
Once you've borrowed and downloaded an ebook in the OverDrive app, go to your app Bookshelf, then tap the ebook to start reading.
How to use the ebook reader:
- To move forward or backward in the book: To go to the next page, tap the right side of the screen, or swipe the screen from right to left.
To go to the previous page, tap the left side of the screen, or swipe the screen from left to right.
- To create a bookmark: Tap the top-right corner of the page.
- To look up a word in the dictionary: Tap and hold the word, then tap Look up.
- To open a hyperlink: Tap and hold the link, then select Open.
- To see your progress and access more reader options:
Tap the middle of the screen.
Reader options (based on the numbered image above) include:
- Home menu (includes a link to your Bookshelf, your library list, and app settings)
- Title menu (includes an overview, table of contents, and saved bookmarks)
- Font settings
- Page layout settings