How to use the ebook reader in OverDrive for Fire tablets and Android devices
Once you've borrowed and downloaded an ebook in the OverDrive app, go to your app Bookshelf, then tap the ebook to start reading.
How to use the ebook reader:
- To move forward or backward in the book: To go to the next page, tap the right side of the screen, or swipe the screen from right to left.
To go to the previous page, tap the left side of the screen, or swipe the screen from left to right.
- To look up a word in the dictionary: Tap and hold a word, then tap Define. You can also look it up on Wikipedia, Google Translate, Google Assist, or in an offline dictionary.
Note: If you're using Android 5, tap and hold a word, then select the magnifying glass to define it. Google Translate and Google Assist aren't available within the app.
- To open a hyperlink: Tap and hold the link, then select Open.
- To see your progress and access more reader options:
Tap the middle of the screen.
Reader options (based on the numbered image above) include:
- Return to Bookshelf
- Settings (includes brightness, font, page layout, and more)
- Add a bookmark
- Title menu (includes an overview, table of contents, and saved bookmarks)
- Reading progress