Getting started with the OverDrive app
You might like our new Libby app—the easiest way to borrow and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Get started with Libby on Android, iOS, or in your browser, or learn more about it.
You can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles from your library. The OverDrive app is available for Android, Chromebooks, iOS, Fire tablets, and Windows 8/10.
Install the OverDrive app from your device's app store or from overdrive.com/apps/overdrive.
If you're under 13, you can use one of the under-13 sign-in options.
Once you've found it, click or tap the collection name to start browsing. This will also automatically save the collection to your library list in the app.
Borrow a title (you'll need to sign into your library to complete this step).
After you borrow a title, you can:
- Select Read now with Kindle (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Select Download to download EPUB ebooks and MP3 audiobooks to the app Bookshelf.
- Select Add to bookshelf to add streaming videos to the app Bookshelf (Android, Chromebooks, and iOS only) or Watch now in browser to open them right in your web browser (most other devices).
- Select Read now in browser to open magazines, read-alongs, or MediaDo Reader ebooks right in your web browser.
- Close the pop-up window to keep browsing and borrowing.
To see all of your borrowed titles, tap to go to your library Loans page.
To open the titles you downloaded or added to the app, go to your app Bookshelf.