Getting started with Libby
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public, corporate, or academic library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
- If you have a device that's not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
- If you belong to a school, you may be able to use our new Sora app to borrow ebooks and audiobooks instead.
See Libby in action
Meet Libby, the free one-tap reading app from your library.
With Libby, you can borrow free ebooks and digital audiobooks from your library. All you need is a library card.
When you open Libby for the first time, she'll help you find your library. Then, you can explore your library's collection and borrow titles or place holds instantly.
On your Shelf, you'll find all your loans and holds, as well as any titles you've tagged.
Loans are automatically downloaded for offline use when you're on Wi-Fi. If you're using mobile data, you can stream titles until you're on Wi-Fi.
Your loans are returned automatically on their due dates, so you never need to worry about late fees.
Tap Manage Loan to see more options for each title (like returning early). Tap a title to open it and start reading.
If you belong to a library in the United States or Canada, you'll see the option to send most ebooks to Kindle, or to start reading in Libby.
Use the bottom navigation to switch between your Shelf, your library, and your current read.
In the Libby menu, you can add a library, change your app settings, get help, and more.
Download Libby to start borrowing today. Happy reading!
Get started with Libby
Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, or Edge (Chromium) browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
Browse your library's collection and borrow a title.
Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose where you'd like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help. Happy reading!