Getting started with the Libby app
The free Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Libby is available for Android, iOS, Windows 10, some Chromebooks, and in your browser at libbyapp.com.
- If you belong to a non-public library or have a device that's not compatible with Libby, you can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
- If you belong to a school, you may be able to use our new Sora app to borrow ebooks and audiobooks instead.
See Libby in action
Note: The "Read With Kindle" feature is available in the U.S. only.
Get started with Libby
Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
Browse your library's collection and borrow a title.
Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you're connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you're offline.
From your Loans, you can:
- Tap Read With... to choose where you'd like to read the book (Kindle or Libby), then finish sending to Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or start reading in Libby.
- Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.
- Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
If you need more help with Libby, please visit Libby Help. Happy reading!