"Bad audiobook part" error in OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
If you see an error message about a bad file when you try to listen to an audiobook, some of its parts may not have downloaded correctly.
Here's the complete error message:
Bad Audiobook Part: This audiobook part cannot be played because of a bad file. Delete and re-download this part from the Files menu.
How to resolve the issue
Note: We always recommend using the most up-to-date version of the app.
To resolve this issue, delete and re-download the problematic audiobook parts using the steps below.
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu.
- Tap Files and select the audiobook that's causing the error.
- Tap and delete any parts that say "Downloaded" and "0 MB".
- Tap and re-download the deleted parts.
- Once all the parts are downloaded, go back to the bookshelf and try listening to the audiobook again.