Getting started with a Mac
With a Mac, you can borrow and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, and streaming videos from your library's digital collection.
Note: If you belong to a school, you may be able to use Sora in your web browser instead.
Open your library's digital collection on your computer (find it on overdrive.com).
Borrow a title (you'll need to sign into your library to complete this step).
After you borrow a title, you can:
- Click Read now with Kindle (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send a book to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Click Read now in browser to open OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader ebooks right in your web browser.
- Click Listen now in browser to open OverDrive Listen audiobooks right in your web browser.
- Click Watch now in browser to open streaming videos right in your web browser.
- Download EPUB or PDF ebooks to your computer (first, you'll need to install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions), then transfer them to a compatible ereader.
- Close the pop-up window to keep browsing and borrowing.
To see all of your borrowed titles, tap at any time to go to your Loans page.