Getting started with a Windows computer
With a Windows computer, you can borrow and enjoy digital titles from your library's OverDrive website.
- If you belong to a library, you can use Libby in your web browser to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
- If you belong to a school, you may be able to use Sora in your web browser to borrow and enjoy digital titles instead.
Open your library's OverDrive website in your web browser (find it on overdrive.com).
Borrow a title (you'll need to sign into your library to complete this step).
After you borrow a title, you can:
- Click Read now with Kindle (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send a book to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Click Read now in browser to read ebooks and magazines in your web browser.
- Click Listen now in browser to play audiobooks in your web browser.
- Click Watch now in browser to play streaming videos in your web browser.
- Download EPUB or PDF ebooks to your computer (first, you'll need to install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions), then transfer them to a compatible ereader.
- Close the pop-up window to keep browsing and borrowing.
To see all of your borrowed titles, click at any time to go to your Loans page.