OverDrive is always working to improve your digital library experience, which sometimes includes adding or changing features. Learn more about recent changes below.
Note: Formats, titles, and features vary by library, so some of these changes may not apply to your library's digital collection.
August 1, 2017
- You can now use reading levels to filter search results or perform an advanced search.
Other recent updates
- You now have a Rated titles page (under ) so you can easily see and keep track of your rated titles.
- You can now sort titles on your Holds and Wish list pages, as well as your new Rated titles page.
- Borrowed read-alongs are now easy to see on your Loans page. When you borrow one, you'll see "Read-along eBook" on the Read in browser button.
- If you borrow an enhanced title, it now appears as a single item on your Loans page, with a paperclip icon that lists the title's supplemental materials.
- Each title now displays two creators on its details page (when applicable), with any additional creators listed under the Creators tab. This is especially helpful for audiobooks, so they display both their author and narrator.
- The Borrow button now changes to a Go to Loans link when you borrow a title from its details page, so you can easily open your Loans page to begin enjoying the title.
- You'll now stay signed into your library's digital collection longer. You'll only be prompted to sign in again if you manually sign out or if your library account changes (e.g. you get a new PIN).
- The Read now and Listen now buttons for eBooks and audiobooks were changed to Read in browser and Listen in browser. These options are only available in your web browser (and not the OverDrive app), unless the title is a read-along or is only available in the OverDrive Read or OverDrive Listen format.
- The Choose a format button for borrowed eBooks was changed to Download for clarity and simplicity. If an eBook has multiple download formats, you'll get a prompt to choose one when you click or tap Download.
- The Add to app button for borrowed eBooks and audiobooks was changed to Download for clarity and consistency. Streaming videos still have an Add to app button (because they aren't actually downloaded to the app, and an internet connection is still needed to watch them).
Take a short survey to share your feedback about these changes or your OverDrive experience.