Note: The library card sign-in option is supported for most libraries, but not all. If your library isn't supported yet, please try another sign-in option.
In many cases, you can use your library card (instead of an OverDrive account) to sign into the OverDrive app for Android, Chromebook, iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), or Windows 8 (and up). Signing into the app authorizes it, which means you can download Adobe (DRM-protected) eBooks.
Signing into the app with a library card doesn't require an email address, which makes it a great choice for users under 13.
To sign into the OverDrive app with a library card, follow the steps below.
- When you open the OverDrive app for the first time, select Sign up (or Sign in).
- Select Sign up using library card (or Sign in using library card).
- Search for your library by name or location.
- Select your library once you find it.
Note: If library card sign-in is not yet supported for your library, you'll see an error message when you select your library.
- Enter your library card information, then click Sign in. Some libraries require a card number, username, and/or PIN.
Once you're signed in, the app is authorized, and you can download and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, and more.