Choose the image below that looks like the titles in your library's collection.
When a title is set to expire in three days, the Request again feature becomes available on your Loans page (under ).
The Request again feature allows you to place an advance hold on a title. Once the title expires, you'll either be able to check it out immediately (if there are no existing holds on it) or you'll have to wait until it becomes available for you to borrow again (if there are holds).
For steps on how to request titles again and for additional information about renewing titles, visit this help article.
If a title that you've borrowed has holds, you won't be able to renew it. Instead, you can use the Request Again feature to join the title's holds list, so that you can borrow it again as soon as it's available.
The Request Again option becomes available three days before the title is set to expire and appears next to the title on your Checkouts page (under your Account). If the title doesn't have any holds, you'll see a link to renew it instead.
Note: Some libraries may not offer the Request Again or Renew features.
How to request a title again
- Sign into your Account on your library's OverDrive website.
- On your Checkouts page, select the Request Again link next to the title you'd like to borrow again.
Note: This link will appear three days before the title is supposed to expire.
- Enter and confirm your email address in the hold form, then select Place a Hold. If you want the title to be automatically added to your Checkouts page as soon as it's available (instead of being held for you on your Holds page), make sure that "Automatically borrow this title when it becomes available" is selected.
- Once you request a title again, you will see a checkmark and the word Requested next to that title on your Checkouts page. You can also see which titles you've requested on your Holds page.
- As soon as the title is available, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to access it again. You'll either be instructed to find the title on your Checkouts page (if you had the title automatically borrowed for you) or borrow the title from your Holds page.