If you're using OverDrive for Android or Chromebook (v3.3+), you can boost the volume in audiobooks that are a little too quiet (even when they're turned all the way up).
Note: On an Android device, this feature requires Android OS 4.1+.
Enabling volume boost
- Open an audiobook from the app bookshelf.
- Tap the icon to turn on volume boost. When volume boost is enabled, the icon will look like this: .
Adjusting the volume boost level
Every audiobook sounds a little different, so you may need to adjust the volume boost for each one. Follow the steps below to increase or decrease the volume boost level.
- Select an audiobook from the app bookshelf.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Click or tap Advanced settings.
- Update the When volume boost is enabled... setting by selecting the plus or minus signs to adjust the boost level.