OverDrive websites require cookies for optimal performance and functionality. By default, most browsers are set up to accept cookies.
If you get an error telling you to enable cookies while browsing an OverDrive site, make sure you're using the newest version of your browser, then follow the steps below to enable cookies.
To enable cookies on a mobile device, see this help article.
- Paste chrome://settings/content into your address bar, then press Enter.
- If the "Cookies" option (at the top of the page) says "Blocked," click on it and change it to Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended).
- Go to Menu > Options. On a Mac, go to Firefox > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy & Security tab.
- Under "Cookies and Site Data," select Accept cookies and site data.
- Click the gear-shaped Settings button in the top-right corner of the window. Click Internet options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Click Advanced, then make sure "Always allow session cookies" is checked.
- Select Accept under "First-party cookies" and "Third-party cookies."
- Click OK, then OK again.
Edge (Windows 10 only)
- Go to Menu > Settings.
- Select View advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy and services," change the "Cookies" drop-down to Don't block cookies.
Safari (Mac only)
- On a Mac, go to Safari > Preferences.
- Under the "Privacy" tab, uncheck Block all cookies.