Downloaded and transferred eBooks remain on your computer or eReader until they are manually deleted. Once the lending period expires, they are automatically returned to the library and can no longer be read. The steps below show you how to remove expired eBooks or return the ones you finish reading early to free up space.
Note: These instructions are for Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) 2.0 or newer. We recommend always using the latest version of ADE.
Returning or deleting eBooks from your computer or eReader
- If you want to remove an eBook from an eReader, first connect your eReader to your computer.
- Open ADE on your computer. Make sure you're in "Library" view.
- To remove or return titles from your computer, click Borrowed under "Bookshelves."
To remove or return titles from your eReader, click on your device under "Devices."
Note: The NOOK Glowlight Plus eReader doesn't appear under "Devices" in ADE. For more information about this device, visit NOOK's support page.
- Right-click (Control-click for Mac) on the eBook you want to return or delete.
- Click Return Borrowed Item to return the eBook to your library and remove it from your computer.
Click Remove from Library to delete the book from your computer or device without returning it.
Note: If you delete the book without returning it, you'll still be able to download it from your library's OverDrive website until the lending period expires.