Clearing the cache on your mobile browser will allow your browser to function more efficiently by forcing the browser to load the latest versions of web pages and programs. Clearing your cache, cookies, and history is recommended for keeping the browser running at optimal speed as well as for addressing privacy concerns.
- Start your browser.
- Android browser: Go to Menu > More > Settings or Menu > Settings > Privacy & Security.
Chrome: Go to Menu > Settings > Privacy.
- Android browser: Tap Clear cache, Clear history, and Clear all cookie data as appropriate.
Chrome: Tap CLEAR BROWSING DATA at the bottom of the screen, leave the defaults selected (browsing history, cache, and cookies), then tap Clear.
- From the home screen, go to Settings > Safari.
- Toward the bottom of Safari's settings screen, tap the buttons for Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data as appropriate.
Tap Clear each time to confirm.
Kindle Fire tablets (2nd generation or newer)
- Tap Silk Browser to open the web browser.
- Go to Menu > Settings > Privacy.
- Tap Clear browsing data.
- Make sure Browsing history, Cache, and Cookies, Site data are selected. Then, tap Clear.
If these steps don't work for your device, please consult the user manual for your Kindle Fire.