What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- An Apple iPod shuffle
- The USB cable that came with your iPod shuffle
- The latest version of iTunes
How to apply the "Enable disk use" option
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPod shuffle to your computer using your USB cable.
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- Check the Enable disk use box under "Options" (in the "Summary" screen). This disables automatic syncing, and allows transfer from OverDrive's desktop app to your iPod shuffle.
- Click Apply.
Note: If you uncheck the Enable disk use setting and then sync your iPod shuffle with iTunes, you may lose the items you've manually transferred.