You can install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to enjoy downloaded eBooks on your computer and transfer them to supported eReaders.
How to install
- Go to the Adobe Digital Editions website, then click the Download tab (view system requirements for ADE).
- Click the download link for the Macintosh version of ADE.
Open (mount) the DMG file, then open the installer.
Note: You may have to command-click, then click Open to run the installer.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
- If ADE was previously installed, you may get an option to MIGRATE DATA, which will import any previously downloaded eBooks into the new version of ADE.
- Click Done to exit the setup and launch ADE.
Note: If these steps didn't work for you, you may have to install ADE manually.
If this is your first time using ADE, you'll need to authorize your computer to read eBooks in ADE.
If you currently have an older version of ADE installed, uninstall it if prompted while installing the newer version, or follow these instructions (step one only) to uninstall it after the new version is installed.