To resolve this error, you'll need to deauthorize your device in Adobe Digital Editions (ADE), then download and transfer the eBook again. Your device will be reauthorized automatically during the transfer.
Follow these steps to deauthorize your device using ADE:
- If your device isn't already connected to your computer, connect your device, then open ADE.
- Delete the eBook that is causing the error from ADE, without returning it to your library.
- Select your device under the "Devices" menu on the left.
- Click next to "Devices," then select Erase Device Authorization. Click Erase Authorization, then OK to confirm.
After deauthorizing your device, use the following steps to transfer a new copy of the eBook.
- Close ADE.
- Search your computer for the eBook and delete any copies you find. eBooks are usually saved in [My] Documents > [My] Digital Editions.
- If applicable, delete the contents of the "tasks" and "failed" folders in [My] Documents > [My] Digital Editions > restore.
- Delete your temporary internet files.
- Close and reopen your web browser.
- Re-download the eBook from your library's digital collection and try transferring it to your device again.