Choose the image below that looks like the titles in your library's collection.
If your library has the Recommend to library feature, use the steps below to browse and recommend digital titles that your library doesn't own.
Note: When you recommend a title to your library, there is no guarantee they will purchase it.
- Run a search in your library's digital collection.
- On the results page, select Recommend to library under the "Availability" filter. Titles your library doesn't own are added to your results.
- To tell which titles aren't part of the digital collection, look for a Not owned banner and Recommend link. Click or tap Recommend to recommend a title.
If prompted, sign into your library.
- If you've already provided your email address to your library's digital collection (by signing in with an OverDrive account, for example), the recommendation will be made automatically.
If the digital collection doesn't have a saved email address for your account, you'll be prompted to enter and confirm one. Then, select Recommend.
- If your library buys the title, you'll be added to its wait list and receive an email when your hold is available.
You can view a list of titles you've recommended by selecting , then Recommendations. You'll also see how many more titles you can recommend (or when you can recommend titles again). To see your library's recommendation limit (and other account information), select See all account limits.
If your library doesn't have the Recommend to library feature, talk to a library staff member about how you can provide suggestions for new titles.
If your library has the Recommend feature, you can use the steps below to browse through digital titles that your library doesn't own yet. You can then make recommendations to let your library know what you'd like to be added to the digital collection.
Note: If you recommend a title to your library, there is no guarantee they will purchase it.
- After you search for something in your library's digital collection, click or tap the Add titles you can recommend button (you may have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see it).
- Once you select this button, the site will run your original search again, adding titles your library doesn't own yet to your results. You can then continue to sort and filter your results to find exactly what you're looking for.
Note: Another way to add recommendable titles to your search results is by selecting Additional Titles to Recommend in the search filters (if available) or in the advanced search.
- To determine which titles you can recommend to your library, look for the recommend icon.
- To recommend a title, mouse over it (or tap it, on a mobile device) and select the Recommend button. If prompted, sign in.
- When you select Recommend, a new page will open where you can choose to be notified or placed on the holds list if your library purchases the title.
- Select Recommend this title to complete your recommendation.
Your library can limit how many titles you're allowed to recommend in a given period of time, so if you've hit your limit, just wait a few days, then try again.
You can view a list of titles you've recommended under your Account > Lists > Titles you recommended. Once you recommend a title to your library, you cannot remove it from your "Titles you recommended" list because your library has already been alerted that you've made the request.
If your library doesn't have the Recommend feature, talk to a library staff member about how you can provide suggestions for new titles.