By default, audiobooks are stored under "Music" on your iPod and in iTunes. If you prefer, you can categorize an audiobook to show up under "Audiobooks" instead using the steps below.
- Connect your iPod to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).
Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- Under "On My Device," click Music.
Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) an audiobook file, then click Get Info.
- In the pop-up window, click the Options tab.
- In the "media kind" drop-down menu, select Audiobook.
- Click OK.
You'll now find the audiobook file(s) under "Audiobooks" on your iPod.