MP3 audiobooks are stored under "Music" in iTunes by default. If you prefer, you can categorize an MP3 audiobook so that it shows up under "Audiobooks" instead using the steps below.
What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- An MP3 audiobook transferred to your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod)
- The USB cable that came with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- The latest version of iTunes
How to change the "Media Kind" for audiobooks in iTunes
- Connect your Apple device to your computer using your USB cable.
- Open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).
Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- Under "On My Device," click Music.
Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) an audiobook file, then click Get Info.
- In the pop-up window, click the Options tab.
- In the "media kind" drop-down menu, select Audiobook.
- Click OK.
You'll now find the audiobook file(s) under "Audiobook" on your device.