Apple requires iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) to have a Wi-Fi connection to directly download files larger than 100 MB. If you have a file that isn't downloading, this is likely the cause. Use the following steps to connect to a Wi-Fi network and complete the download.
Note: Before you try these steps, you should be within range of a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Connect your iOS device to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap Settings from your home screen.
Tap the Wi-Fi option.
If Wi-Fi is off (shown below), slide the toggle on.
Tap the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
If a password is required, enter it, then tap Join.
Your device is now connected to a Wi-Fi network and is ready to download large files. If your pending downloads don't automatically start, use the steps below.
Make sure downloads are turned on in the OverDrive app
- Open the OverDrive app.
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu.
- Tap Files.
Tap the arrow in the top-right corner of the menu to turn downloads on.
- All files should now download automatically. If downloads do not start, select the title and parts you'd like to download and tap Download.
If the audiobook parts don't start downloading automatically or they don't move past "Pending," use the steps below.
Cancel all pending downloads
- In the Files menu, tap a title that's currently downloading or waiting to download.
- Tap Delete All.
- Repeat the process for each title in the download queue. Then, keep following the steps below.
Reboot your device
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button on your device until the "slide to power off" slider appears.
Swipe the "slide to power off" slider from left to the right to power off your device.
- Wait for a few seconds after the screen turns off.
- Turn on the device by holding down the Sleep/Wake button until you see the Apple logo. Then, keep following the steps below.
Try downloading the titles again
- Make sure that you're still connected to a Wi-Fi network, then open the OverDrive app.
- Tap a title on your bookshelf that you'd like to download.
- Tap View files.
- Tap the audiobook that hasn't downloaded, then tap Download All.