If you have an Android device that doesn't have access to the Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore, follow the instructions below to install the OverDrive app directly.
- Go to app.overdrive.com.
- Select download for Android OS 4.0 (or newer) at the bottom of the page.
- Review the license agreement and tap I Agree to download the installation file.
You may get a warning saying that this kind of file can harm your device. This is normal, and we test our installer to make sure it's safe.
Select OK to continue.
- Once the file downloads, open it from your notification bar.
- If prompted, open the file with the "Package Installer."
- If you get the "Install blocked" message, follow the prompts to allow installation from "Unknown Sources." (Once you finish installing OverDrive, be sure to turn off this setting again.)
- Review the permissions, then tap Install (or Next).
- Tap Open to launch the app, or tap Done to close the installer.