You might like our new Libby app—the easiest way to borrow and enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library. Get started with Libby on Android, iOS, and Windows 10, or learn more about it.
You can use the OverDrive app to read borrowed ebooks on your iOS device.
Note: If you'd rather read ebooks in your mobile browser, you can use OverDrive Read instead.
Once you've borrowed and downloaded an ebook in the app, go to your app Bookshelf, then tap the ebook to start reading.
How to use the ebook reader:
- To move forward or backward in the book: To go to the next page, tap the right side of the screen, or swipe the screen from right to left.
To go to the previous page, tap the left side of the screen, or swipe the screen from left to right.
- To create a bookmark: Tap the top-right corner of the page.
- To look up a word in the dictionary: Tap and hold the word, then tap Look up.
- To open a hyperlink: Tap and hold the link, then select Open.
- To see your progress and access more reader options:
Tap the middle of the screen.
Reader options (based on the numbered image above) include:
- Home menu (includes a link to your Bookshelf, your library list, and app settings)
- Title menu (includes an overview, table of contents, and saved bookmarks)
- Font settings
- Page layout settings