You can install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to read downloaded eBooks on your computer and transfer them to supported eReaders.
To learn about what you need to install ADE, please see Adobe's system requirements.
How to install
- Go to the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) website, then click the Download tab.
- Click the download link for the Windows version of ADE and select Save File.
- Once the download is complete, open the installer file and select Run.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation. Make sure to leave the Associate .acsm and .epub file types option selected if you want to use ADE to read these types of eBooks.
- Click Done to exit the setup and launch ADE.
Note: If these steps didn't work for you, you may have to install ADE manually.
Before you can download eBooks, you'll need to authorize ADE.