eBook display issues can happen for a number of reasons and may be based on your device, your version of iOS, or the eBook file itself.
You may see error messages like:
- This page contains the following errors: error on line [X] at column [Y]: Opening and ending tag mismatch: style line 0 and appoverride.
You may also just see display issues but no error message like:
- The reader is not using the settings you've applied. For example, two columns of text are displayed instead of one.
- Text cut off at the bottom of a page.
- Lines of text overlapping with each other
To resolve these issues, use the steps below:
Note: For the best experience, we always recommend using the latest version of the OverDrive app.
- In the OverDrive app, open the problematic eBook from your Bookshelf.
- Tap the center of the eBook, then the Settings icon.
- Turn Default layout off. If the setting is already turned off, turn it back on.