There are a few ways you can try to fix issues with downloading or transferring ebooks using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE):
- Update to the most recent version of ADE, then try downloading or transferring the ebook again.
- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling your version of ADE and installing an older version, like ADE 3.0 or 2.0.1, which are available from Adobe's website. Then, try downloading or transferring the ebook again.
Note: If you use an older version of ADE, you might not be able to take advantage of any new features and security updates available in the most up-to-date version.
- You may also need to reauthorize your computer if you install an older version of ADE.
If you tried these steps but keep having issues, we unfortunately can't provide more help. Adobe provides support through community forums and online articles, but doesn't directly offer assistance for issues with ADE.
However, you can still enjoy free ebooks from your library's digital collection with the options below.
- You can enjoy many ebooks on a Kindle ereader or Kindle reading app using OverDrive's Kindle Book format (U.S. only).
- You can also enjoy ebooks from your library using OverDrive on a Kobo Forma, Aura ONE, Aura H2O Edition 2, Aura Edition 2, or Clara HD.